Monday, November 2, 2015

Nano Day 2 - November 2, 2015

Day 2
November 2, 2015
Today's theme song: Erquan Yingyue by Jia Peng Fang

So far today this is what I have done.

8:20 AM: Woke up and turned on computer before shifting pile of clothes over to bed. I really need to go through those and I shall when I have a little more energy and I'm not about to fall over dead.

8:30 AM: Ate food (cinnamon raisin toast made with Sara Lee Cinnamon Raisin bread) while I loaded up my GDoc for When Mine Eyes Open. Started to reread over yesterday's writing.

8:40 AM: Sent message to friend to make sure she was up and ready for day. She was waiting for clothes to be delivered. Wrote a few words.

9 AM: Discovered ride was taking another friend home to teach her how to use her new-used washer machine.

9:30 AM: Ride decided to do some more clothes for friend. She desperately needs them and she's getting them done but she had nothing so I decided to nom on a pancake covered sausage cause I was actually hungry and had to take a minor pain killer with it.

9:45 AM: Contemplated my blog post for the day and made some notes on it.

10:20 AM: Ride finally comes, picks up friend and then me. We head to Aarons so ride could pay bill on way to Sam's club. Picked up a USB wall charger (neon/lime green) and pens at the dollar store right next to it. Left for Sam's.

10:30 AM: Arrived at Sam's. Spent the next 10 minutes getting various things. Butter, Sugar, Powdered sugar, ect for upcoming holidays. I go through a LOT of sugar, butter and flour. 25 lb's (about 11 kg) of sugar, 4 lb's (about 1 kg) of butter and powdered sugar each, and I still have to go back for MORE butter next month. Along with chocolate chips (72 ozs or 4 kg per bag), shortening, and maybe some specialty butters that they have.

11 AM: Leave Sam's and head to Albertson's with a quick pit stop to drop off cold stuff at friend's place. My butter and a few other things are with her. Will get them sometime next week.

11:30 AM: Arrive at Albertsons with ice cream cones from Burger King in hand. Enjoy for 10 minutes, waiting for a scooter to get back from whereever it is being used/left. Decide to say "screw it" around 11:45.

12:50 PM: Finally get out of the store and head home with meat, ice creams, crusts, easy to make dinners, eggnog (I need it to cut some adult eggnog. They put blended whiskey along with rum and brandy into it, and not enough dairy, cinnamon or nutmeg, so I need to cut it to drink it. Remember! Don't drink or drive, and when drinking, drink safe.), creamer (peppermint mocha and pumpkin spice), and a few other odds and ends.

12:55 PM: Yes, my apartments are right across from Albertson's. I can walk over there if I need to. Unloaded, put things away, sat down and died.

1:20 PM: Got food to take a pain killer (something that you should always do so that the pain killer doesn't hit quite so hard but still does its job properly), took the pain killer, and continued to read what I had written.

2 PM: With pain gone, mostly, I started to work on this blog post and my next chapter of my story.

4 PM: Cousin and uncle swing by for recycling and the such before leaving.

5:29 PM: Started to tweet my Word Count progress with the hashtag #wordcountprodding. My twitter can be found here.

5:30 PM to 10:30 PM: Worked on writing the chapter, talked to some people on Forward Motions chat room. Read a few tweets. Watched some Youtube. Cursed the youtube when it futzed out on me. Got it working after a few while helping friend with her own stuff. Talked with another friend. Wrote some more.

FINALLY got my chapter done while thinking of what the second chapter was going to have to say in the long run. That's going to be fun since I have to tweak my outline. This is why I don't outline past 10 chapters. I never quite stick to the original.

Whoops.

Anyways!

I have to say as I wrote Chapter 2 of When Mine Eyes Close, I found myself writing in an experimental way for when it comes to scenes with sex or anything sexual. I'm usually very detailed with my sex/sexual scenes, sometimes boarding on Explicit. But that's with the fanfiction that I use to practice my trade with.

But this is one of few times that I have written original characters in such a sexual scene that isn't a part of my Butterfly series. A Butterfly's Life series is just chock full of sex though, even though it originally started out as a YA series.

I'll talk about that in another post at another date.

I'm here to talk about the here and now with When Mine Eyes Close. I'm trying to be a bit more...elegant I suppose would be the word. I suppose the music of Jia Peng Fang is to be blamed for this with the elegance of the music filling my head as I write. Just such a beautiful sound that even violin's have a hard time reaching.

I sit here though and wonder. What makes a sexual scene 'erotic'? Or 'beautiful'? Or even just 'arousing'? What does it really mean?

Then I remind myself that it's all up to the person who reads it to find the scene what they want it to be. For some my sexual scenes are arousing, hot. For others, they're sweet and loving. And for yet others, they're unwanted bits that they tend to skip over for whatever reason.

It is up to me though to write the story that is coming from my mind the best way that I can. And that as writers, we can not truly control what a reader takes away from our stories or scenes. All we can do is write it.

Put it out there.

And watch it take flight on wings of imagination before we move onto the next tale that spins in our heads.

Now for the part that you are probably waiting for. A peek into the story.

The first one was from the first paragraph of the Prologue (link to that peek down below).

This second one is from Chapter 1.

“Markus?”

Jerking out of his memories, one hand rubbing at the scar of his curse on his hip, Markus turned around and stared at his lover and mate. “Sorry, did you say something?” he asked, his voice sounding small, making Alexander frown.

Walking over, the slightly taller man ran a hand through soft black hair that spilled down Markus’ back, green eyes staring up at him, unfocused.

“Oh, love, were you thinking of that night?” Alexander asked softly, pulling his lover close, hand tugging his night shirt up to get at soft skin. Spreading his hand over the other’s back, he took in the scent of blackberries and toffee, smiling as Markus pressed against his body.
“Yes,” Markus admitted after a few minutes, resting his head on Alexander’s shoulder, sighing happily as he relaxed. “I thought I had left you nude in our bed,” he said, fingers stroking gently over his lover’s back.

This time, obviously, it's a little bit of a longer peek due to the very nature of the dialogue and the set up. 

They are old. The full story will come out in later chapters, but the story itself is kind of sad. And you'll get more peeks as I go along this month.

A reminder: Any and all peeks into the story are unedited and are not rewritten at the time of this posting. The final product may be vastly different than what you see here. This is the first draft of this novel after all. Please be patient in regards to typos, grammar mistakes, and the over usage of some words. 

Thank you.

S.L. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment