Monday, October 19, 2015

National Novel Writing Month 2015 Novel: When Mine Eyes Close

Working Title: When Mine Eyes Close
Genre: Supernatural Horror
By: S.L. Lewis
Started: November 1, 2015
Finished: Unknown at this time

Summary: When they had been cursed, the users of Magic were just learning to balance life next to those who followed Religion and Faith. When they had been cursed, the Salem Witch Trials had just barely happened, leaving innocent victims dead and families torn apart. When they had been cursed, they had just become step-brothers.

They hadn't expected to cursed by their Priest.

So they had waited.

They had waited for so long to finally get them.

Centuries really.

Waiting for those who had cursed them to be reborn, for their souls to come back to the Living and to gather once more in their little town of Redbrom. But they didn't have to wait any more. The one's who had come together to curse them had been reborn and they were all there. All teenagers.

All ready to be show that Karma got those who deserved it. Ready to show that sometimes though, Karma needed some help.

And they were that help.

They couldn't wait for it.





This is just the start of my new story When Mine Eyes Close. The title above is a working title, so it might change as I write and rewrite this story. I'm rather looking forward to this whole thing, I really am.

This story shall take twists and turns that I'm hoping will be new and amazing.

The supposed "good guys" shall not be so good, and the supposed "bad guys" shall not be so bad themselves, but rather forced into such a place due to circumstances. I'll be exploring death, destruction, the mind, history, sexuality, and the dark depths of the human soul in this book.

I can't wait for it.

It's one of those books that have been sitting in the back of my mind, teasing me. Growing and planning without me noticing it doing so. It started out with an idea for a murderous couple who were trapped long ago because one of them dared to say "No" to someone with power.

From there, it grew and changed. It went from just a single night stretched out with deaths galore, to at minimum a week's worth of deaths in the book.

Thank you to Ester, who was kind enough to help me figure out a few of those creative deaths. You have helped quite a bit.

I hope and pray as I write this that it will let me actually finish it. I have a feeling that it shall.

So join me as I take a leap into the depths of despair and pain and death in this woven tale of horror.

Nano Day 1 - November 1, 2015, 6:47 PM - Arizona Time

No comments:

Post a Comment