Monday, November 7, 2016

National Novel Writing Month 2016 - Pt 1

Today's EarWorm: Blood Red Roses by c21fx
Today's Day: November 7, 2016
Word Count Widget

So this time, I'm going to try something different. Instead of a kind of a daily thing put together in one blog, which I find kind of hard to deal with really, I'm just going to give you a summary of how I did and the what not.

Let's start with word count shall we?

November 1: 3,005
November 2: 760
November 3: 1,453
November 4: 1,604
November 5: 1,586
November 6: 1,478

Total: 9,882 words

So as you can see, I did pretty good on the 1st. I got my 3K starter and that's pretty much what has kept me afloat ever since. 

Why? Eh, I was feeling ew on the second and had a hell of a time focusing enough to write a new prologue for Bad Dog; day 3 had a new chapter and me crashing out hard early (like 8 in the evening early) and a shopping run with a friend; another shopping run and another chapter, hurrah; the fifth included me staying home, rewriting one chapter and writing a new chapter for something other than Bad Dog. 

Hey! All new words count damnit! I'm a rebel. That's what I'm saying to myself. 

To go a bit more in depth about what went on.

Day 1 was pretty good all things considered. It was enough to get all the words that I needed and then some. Then again, it's always easy enough to get a good set of words down on the first day. It's easy enough.

Day 2 was spent writing a new prologue on Bad Dog, getting things down and out because I had to introduce my Idiot Villain and figure out just what I need to figure out about him. Let's just say that by the end of the series, you'll find out that he's not the main villain of the entire series. He's just the one that you see.

Day 3, again, was spent writing a new chapter, but I also had to run to the store with my friend to pick up some of her things for the month. I got home lateish and crashed soon after.

Day 4 was spent going to get the last of the things that she needed and getting yet even more words. Nothing amazing. And I also planned out a couple more chapters Bad Dog which is nice. I figured out some more things about the structure of my story to.

Day 5 I lounged around. Wrote. Or tried to do so. Did a jigsaw puzzle on my jigsaw app. Or three. I wrote. Got a chapter on something else. Got a rewrite done for one of my stories. Mourned the fact that I don't have the money to print out one of my stories so I can tear it down to the very foundation of what it is. 

That's going to be...fun. I think. Maybe. Lots of work though.

Day 6 was just exhausting. Once more, I was shopping but this time I went food shopping for my household instead of helping my friend with her shopping. Which isn't any fun, trust me.

My hair hurt and that's saying something since hair doesn't feel.

But I got a good sized turkey (20+ lb bird) for about 89cents per pound so it was nice. It worked out in the good for me and my mom. I'm very happy with how things went in the long run.

And I barely squeaked in on my word count for the day even though it was a fight to the bitter end to get the words. Today, I hope to focus like nothing else and just WRITE.

I can hope yes? Yes.

I will see you next week with a fresh and new update! For now, enjoy life. Read a book. Treat yourself to a favorite snack. Watch a good movie. Enjoy life.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete