Monday, October 3, 2016

Preparing for National Novel Writing Month 2016 - Pt 1

Today's Earworm: "Bones" by In This Moment
Today's Date: October 3, 2016



National Novel Writing Month.

Man, what a kick. Has it really been a year already since the last round of Preparing blog posts?

I have checked the calendar. Yes. Yes it has.

Damn, how time FLIES when you're busy. But...that's for another blog post. A special blog post set to be written and posted on January 1, 2017.

I have a confession.

I have no idea what the hell I'm going to write. No idea. At all. Unless I somehow finish the detailed, pages long outline. Or I get further into the darn outline.

But if you were anywhere near my twitter on the 28th of September, then you heard about the cry of writerly anguish of water.

All.

Over.

My.

Note.

Book.

I screamed in writerly anguish and horror about 4 in the morning and had to rewrite three of the damn pages, front and back.

I cried.

So, some pictures of what I was able to save.


A semi far away picture of the basic outline that I'm building my detailed outline off of.
Luckily, it did get away with not being attacked. Hurrah!


Here's a close up pic of it. Yes, that's my handwriting and no, it's not as neat as it looks. 
It's the angle and the way that my writings come out.


And these are the pages that didn't make it. 
As you can see, my phone is holding the pages down but they were just to smeared and crinkled to be useful this coming November.
I was able to rewrite one page (the one with the least bit of writing there on the right).
But the others...wipeout man.


You see that red and white striped cup?
That's the culprit. Just tipped over when I went for water. 

I cried so hard when the darn thing fell over. And it was full. That's about 10 oz of pure liquid water. I was lucky.

This time.

But I may or may not be going into this with less chapters detailed out than planned if I do go with this story. 

Damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment