Monday, October 10, 2016

Preparing for National Novel Writing Month 2016 - Pt 2

Todays Earworm: "9 Crimes" by Damien Rice
Today's Date: October 10, 2016

So I'm sitting here and I decided to take a semi-rebel path and write on my Ex-Retail worker story. I still don't really have a name for the damn book much less a series name.

Should work on that soon yeah?

I really, really should.

Anyways, I have a couple chapters written already, setting up the world and the such, but I need to create a notebook with character information and all those lovely notes. I luckily have a green binder that will make my life that much easier. Awesome.

I have Alex and Brinda/Brianna (I keep fluctuating on her name dang it!) and I have some other characters who will be introduced as we go along, along with introducing the main plot line that will work through the series. There is a lot that will be going on and I just have 3 books to start with. Good lord.

Now for the Synopsis that I put up onto the Nanowrimo site (My page, the main page):

He had seen the worst of the worst!
He had dealt with couponers having melt downs in front of him.

He had done stocking during Black Friday.

He had worked a register during the Fourth when Barbie Moms came in to get their wine-in-a-box already three-sheets to the wind.
He had seen kids who run havoc all over the store while their parents just roll their eyes and toss in another candy bar into their baskets.

He had seen the worst of the worst.

A rampaging werewolf, a pissed off poltergeist and an idiot warlock with illusions of grandeur was nothing.
He had worked retail after all.
And there we go! There's that for book 1!

Now, I should be plotting shouldn't I? I should be. My writing friend is waiting for me to rewrite after all!

I did do a little plotting. Not a whole lot and more for book 2 then book 1 since I have a feeling I'm going to be plansting this thing (half plotting it out, half pantsing the thing), so it's okay.

I did swing by the Nano Artisan's forum and have been puttering around in there. I came across Kage of RLyis' forum post offering Avatars, Signature Banners, Characters, Calendars and Book Covers.

I managed to snag one. She did a lovely job. I actually also managed to name the story to thanks to Forward Motion Writers chat.

Cause who doesn't want to read a comedy-horror called Bad Dog?

That's right, Bad Dog. I'm making jokes all throughout this book. From start to finish.

Starting with the title.

But anyways, you should check her Forum Post out and ask her for one if her style makes you happy.

Here's my signature banner:


No comments:

Post a Comment