Monday, September 26, 2016

Writing...Even When You Don't Wanna

Today's EarWorm:
Today's Date: September 26, 2016

I'm sitting here and thinking about how life can just suck all the inspiration out of a writer. In my case, a change of seasons has brought on a cold and I'm living in mostly a daze of cold meds so I can stop sneezing hard enough to jar my entire body, making my back spasm in hate.

Life isn't all that kind.

For the last few months I have had more days with no words than days with actual words because it's been so busy. Appointments, ER visits, shopping trips, birthdays, days of just trying so hard to get some sleep.

It all sucks the inspiration right out of you.

But that doesn't mean that I don't have some kind of word count going on each and every day. Drabbles, short pieces, and handwritten pieces that I'm not going to count until I've typed them up onto my computer have all been done.

But this is something that, I hate to say this, takes practice to get down. You need the willpower to pick up that pen or pencil and put it down onto paper, or to pull out your GDocs on your phone or open the file on your computer and get those words.

You need to commit yourself to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment