Monday, July 11, 2016

Camp National Novel Writing Month July - 7/4 to 7/10

Today's EarWorm: We the Kings "Phoenix Hearts"
Today's Date: July 11, 2016

July 4, 2016
Words Gained Today: 3239
Total Words Today: 7,133
Thoughts and Notes:

Mmm, what to say about today? It went surprisingly well. I got lots of words after midnight rolled around. Got two chapters down and introduced a more sexualized character then I normally do. It'll be a slow start for the most part, since I do have to kick a few characters around before we get to the meat of the story.

I also got some rewriting done which was nice. Now that it's after 4AM I'm going for more words and hopefully I'll get them done before I crash out. That is if I don't crash out in self defense from hallucinations. Tea and coffee will be my friends for this month. I swear.

July 5, 2016
Words Gained Today: 0
Total Words Today: 7133
Thoughts and Notes:

Okay, so I got a few words in but nothing to add to my count. Why? Because I crashed out so hard when I finally went to bed. It was ridiculous. I try tomorrow.

July 6, 2016
Words Gained Today:
Total Words Today:
Thoughts and Notes:

5PM:

Oh look, words! Yay for me! I got up at 6:30AM and it only took me until about 4PM to get the words. Why? Because I was exhausted and felt like dragging my feet mostly. Luckily I didn't have to shop today but I'll be doing so tomorrow. Which will be nice.

I hope.

Anyways, I'm going in for more words. Time to roll up those sleeves and get them!

July 7, 2016
Words Gained Today: 0
Total Words Today: 8,558
Thoughts and Notes:

Today was just not a happy day since I had to go shopping. That left me drained and just so very tired.

July 8, 2016
Words Gained Today: 0
Total Words Today: 8558
Thoughts and Notes:

It's nearly 8PM as I write this starter bit to today's section and I'm compulsively scratching at my skin. This tells me that my anxiety is high. It's not because of the fact that I'm doing Camp NaNo, it's because I'm not writing.

That is, I haven't gotten enough writing in for the last couple of days to really do me any kind of good to satisfy my hypergraphia. If you're new to my blog, hypergraphia is like a physical itch, a need to write. I can't just stop writing.

I end up with anxiety and scratching at my own skin. I've already scratched myself bloody a few times since this shit really kicked in, so I'm trying very hard not to do that now. I think that I will take a few minutes, shape my nails (and get rid of any rough edges) and take a hot bath while reading. After that, I will sit down, watch MrKravin on youtube (watching his play through of Until Dawn), write and I think...just ignore the world for a little while.

There is just so much hate going on that people who have all sorts of triggers for their anxiety are probably going through a lot of what I'm going through. We just want the hate to stop, to let us breath and be what we keep saying we are.

I'm not going to get into that because that's just not a pretty thought process and it's not what my blog is all about.

So I'm going to go play some Knights and Brides on Facebook, watch my twitter for interesting links to click that are rather random and have nothing to do with the outside world, take a hot bath, and watch some interesting play throughs while I write.

I'll keep you guys updated on what is going on.

July 9, 2016
Words Gained Today: 1619
Total Words Today: 10,177
Thoughts and Notes:

So I got words. After midnight. I was able to just cool off (since it's been pushing 109, 110 here again) and finish off that chapter. Tried to write after I woke up. Didn't work. Not all that well at least. So I read a lot, crash early, handwrite a chapter to my Superhero novel.

So once I type those words up I'll lay claim to those later this week. So that's nice.

July 10, 2016
Words Gained Today:1,550
Total Words Today: 11,727
Thoughts and Notes:

7:48PM

I am slowly getting words when a fellow spoonie comes up with "Some people have euphoria during migraines? I want."

Now mind you, euphoria during a migraine pretty much means you don't care you're hurting, you feel good emotionally and somewhat mentally while the pills are working. But the moment that migraine is gone and euphoria wanes, there's a crash.

I hate to break it to her, but that crash can be BRUTAL. I have, at least when I feel the migraine coming on. When I wake up to one, not so much because I'm well past that stage into "damn it, hospital here I come" stage by then.

But it's the crash that really can mess with someone. Cause you have all these lovely feelings/thoughts/whatever going through you and they die a horrible death once the migraine is gone. It's like a bad drug trip that started out wonderful okay?

It's not worth it and I've been fighting off sinus headaches for the last two days so I'm going to take some sinus pills and write.

10:45 PM

I got my words. Barely before I have to crash out, and I suspect hard, but I got them! Hurrah. Or something. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment