Monday, May 2, 2016

Camp National Novel Writing Month April 2016 - Days 25 to 30

Today's Ear Worm: Billy Talent "Pins and Needles"
Today's Date: May 2, 2016

April 25:
Word Count: 0
Total Word Count: 33,622
Thoughts for the Day:

I spent the day going up to Gilbert. I'm exhausted and just to tired to do anything but crash out hard for the day. Nights all.

April 26:
Word Count:
Total Word Count:
Thoughts for the Day:

I have officially validated my novel! Yay! I hit just over 35K words which made me very, very happy. I'll work on getting more words probably tomorrow.

I do need sleep though. Still getting over yesterday's trip.

April 27:
Word Count: 374
Total Word Count: --
Thoughts for the Day:

4:33PM

I actually started kind of late today but that's mostly because I was reading through Necia Pheonix's book and seeing how it read.

Two hours, 22 chapters, and a cliff hanger as I wait for more to come my way...and I'm hooked. *sighs*

I'm going to finish off another short story today since I need to get it done.

Midnight:

I got my rewriting done but that's about it. I started on actual words but only got about 200 in. That kind of sucked.

April 28:
Word Count: 2544
Total Word Count: --
Thoughts for the Day:

I did get those words done! One long as chapter that happily feel in about 2,544 words total, so that made me happy!

I also got a friend hooked on two of my stories. Which is fun. I cackled and teased her with ideas for future chapters. She pouted and demanded more.

Now I'm just rewriting an older story and getting that off of my plate (I'm still pretty damn far from the end actually), but it's slow going since it was well over 3K when I started editing it.

April 29:
Word Count:
Total Word Count:
Thoughts for the Day:

12:31AM:

I am still editing this monster of a chapter. Seriously.

I have no idea when I'll finish this but I've gone through two cups of coffee, a cup of tea, and half a huge bowl of popcorn so far working on this thing. And the entire collection of "Duff Until Dawn" which was like 6 half hour episodes. So about 3 hours.

So much detail to rewrite! This is killer man.

1:19AM:

3 hours, 3 cups of coffee, and a shit ton of squinting and I have gotten it done! *flops* I added well over 1K worth of words to it to, so that was surprising.

Really, really surprising.

I'm going to get ready for bed, crash out for a few hours. Get up at 11 to take a shower and wait for my friend to get her ass over here so we can go do things.

See you guys later!

April 30:
Word Count:
Total Word Count:
Thoughts for the Day:

I've been pretty much working on rewriting and putting down notes for one of my stories. I am still exhausted after yesterday. If you noticed, I didn't write anything yesterday because I was exhausted after all our shopping.

So rewriting and figuring out what to write tomorrow for the final thoughts on this April is pretty much what I'm doing today.

Fun times.

Final Thoughts on Camp National Novel Writing Month April 2016:

So this month was interesting. Seriously interesting since it was so busy outside of my writing.

I had days where I didn't have a single word put down and some days where I couldn't stop writing, which balanced everything out.

I got 3 chapters of "Thread the Needle" down but I need to plan a few more chapters out before I write on it some more. I want to get it done by maybe December, or at least the first draft.

I did get some fanfiction done and I'm working on finishing up a couple of other stories before I do anything since I have so much to finish.

And so little time.

I'm thinking that I will be doing the "Story-A-Day" thing on Forward Motion Writers, level 1 or 2 (which are light versions), and posting them here come June. So keep an eye out for those!

And maybe I can figure out a few of my stories, get a few other things done. Here's hoping.

But I think that I will make sure that July kisses my ass and I work on things during that month. Don't have much else to do after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment