Monday, April 25, 2016

Camp National Novel Writing Month April 2016 - Days 18 to 24

Today's Ear Worm
Today Date: April 25, 2016

April 18:
Word Count: 1,467
Total Word Count: 28,003
Thoughts for the Day:

7:44PM

I have no idea what to say. I'm exhausted, wanting to just sleep for the next six years, but I'm working my way through some Marilyn Manson songs on my spotify so that's always fun. I've also completely rewritten 2 chapters of one of my stories so far, so that is making me happy.

Let's see if I can get a third one done.

Midnight:

I got the last one done. I go boom.

April 19:
Word Count: 0
Total Word Count: 28,003
Thoughts for the Day:

Midnight:

Writing? What is this writing you speak of?

Actually I did get a lot of writing done but I've been meh all day. I got around 524 words on this gift story for a friend chapter done then my mind went "Wheee!" without me and left me going "The flying fuck?".

That's not...really an odd thing though. ADD does that to a person. I figure it was because I wasn't listening to the right music today.

So we'll see how tomorrow's writing goes.

Ah...? What? Oh! The ADD and music thing? How does that work?

Well, for me at least (cause I do NOT speak for the rest of those who have ADD or ADHD, and if you don't know what those terms mean, click the links), I have to have noise of some kind. It's sometimes a TV Show (I watch a lot of anime, and I enjoy Rosewood when I have time to catch up on Hulu). Sometimes it's a movie (horror mostly. I like The Puppet Master and Paranormal Activity most often than not). But mostly it's something like music.

Today I was listening to a band (for the most part) called Abney Park. They're...steampunk meets gothic southern in terms of sound and I happen to really love their song "Airship Pirates". Or "Steampunk Revolution".

But I don't think it was a good idea to listen to them while writing. It may be a good idea later, but not at the moment, but that happens.

I'll see what happens tomorrow.

April 20:
Word Count: 1,792
Total Word Count: 29,795
Thoughts for the Day:

8:31:

Let's see, I got on, took a hot shower because I slept wrong on my shoulder (whoops), and reread over what I had written. I took a moment, got some breakfast of a kind, ate, and then opened twitter.

I stated that I was sitting at 524 words and would be rewriting it. I finished the rewriting at 677 words, and the chapter at 1,503, but now I need to rewrite what I added to the first bit of rewriting.

So no matter how this goes, I've gotten 1,503 words total! Sweet. That makes me happy. But I think I'm going to rewrite for the rest of the day and keep in mind for future chapters that I have the option of rewriting what I've already written, even if I'm not finished with the chapter.

I've also started a twitter hastag list for myself because my superhero series (now called Through the Ages) got it's own hastag (#ThroughTheAge) so that rocked. I also have 8 books in that series instead of 7.

Just made more work for myself there, but that happens I suppose?

But yes, the music was what was messing with me. I've been listening to a list on Spotify called "Writers Block Inspiration" all day long and I've been able to focus. Which is very nice.

9:26:

And yes! Finished that chapter. Going to work on getting some rewriting done. Wish me luck!

April 21:
Word Count: 0
Total Word Count: 29,795
Thoughts for the Day:

I didn't get any words actually. I was just so tired and kind of out of it. But that's about normal for me. But I did start the words. I just didn't finish said words until after Midnight. Whoops?

April 22:
Word Count: 2,040
Total Word Count: 31,835
Thoughts for the Day:

I actually got a chapter done and then rewrote another chapter on another story. Which was a total yay moment since I didn't get to bed until around 9:24AM this morning. I luckily finished the writing before I crashed, since I didn't get up until 4:15 PM.

Whoops.

Yes, I say that a lot.

April 23:
Word Count:1,787
Total Word Count: 33,622
Thoughts for the Day:

9:47 PM:

Whoot! I got another chapter written down and ready to go. I'm about to work on a second chapter now. I'm SO close to winning this camp! Here goes nothing!

April 24:
Word Count: ---
Total Word Count: 33,622
Thoughts for the Day:


-- I ended up being away for most of the day, sorry you guys. --

No comments:

Post a Comment