Monday, May 23, 2016

Writers Meme Tag Questions 2

Today's Earworm: Whore by In This Moment
Today's Date: May 23, 2016

And we come to the other half of the asks that I started last week. Remember you can find the list of all 50 questions on Maxkrin's Tumblr Blog along with all sorts of goodies that will help any writer.

Writers Meme Tag Questions 1


26: Which do you enjoy reading the most: physical, ebook, or both?

Physical or Ebook. Now that's kind of a tough one to answer. I like both really depending on what I'm doing. If I'm going for a long trip, I don't want to carry physical books so I'll make sure I have my chargers and bring my tablet to read my books on. But if I'm in bed, I like a real book in my hands.

I have a thing for the smell of paper and ink okay? I'm a writer. It's my kink.

27: Which is your favorite genre to write?

My favorite genre has to be Horror. Especially psychological horror. It's just so much fun to take something innocent or simple and twist it and make others wonder and fear.

28: Which do you find hardest: the beginning, the middle, or the end?

I have to say that the middle is probably the hardest part for me. When it comes to the start, I tend to know where I want to start and how I want to start by the time I want to write, and the end usually writes itself, so to speak. But filling in that point B in the A-B-C of my books tends to be a bitch.

29: Which do you find easiest: writing or editing?

Writing is actually easier for me than editing. Why? It's mostly because I don't want to sit there and read my own writing over, and over, and over again. It's kind of hard to do that, but I push through it. I usually rewrite while I write though so I can smooth a few of my issues out before I edit so that is making things easier.

30: Have you ever written fan-fiction?

Yes, I have and yes I still do. If you want to find me, I'm willing to tell you where to find me but since I would like to keep that part separate from my original writing career, it will be via e-mails or private messaging on one of my man sties. Sorry you guys.

31: Have you ever been published?

Not yet, but I am working on getting there.

32: How do you feel about friends and close relatives reading your work?

It depends on the person and the story. Most of my relatives won't understand why I write male/male pairings much less horror so I don't share it with them. But I do share most of my writing works with close friends who I know will enjoy writing them.

33: Are you interested in having your work published?

Yes, and I'll probably end up doing indie publishing when I get that point in my career. Just takes time.

34: Describe your writing space.

My writing space is actually in my bedroom. It's pretty much just a desk that I bought from Amazon and a rather comfortable chair (now that I got a memory foam sitting pillow). My laptop sits on a lap fan with mouse and keyboard (wired both) attached to it but resting on a keyboard drawer, so that works for me.

My desk is kind of covered in stuff (tissue box, bunny, some candles, wax burner, lip balms, necklace, some rubbing alcohol, suntan lotion, aloe gel, and body lotion). The shelves are covered in notebooks and files.

35: What’s your favorite time of day for writing?

My favorite time for writing has to be around sunset when the world starts to cool down. I don't do well in the heat and unfortunately, I don't do much writing while hot. Which sucks.

36: Do you listen to music when you write?

I do listen to music. It all depends on what I'm writing that will depend on what I listen to.

37: What’s your oldest WIP?

My oldest WIP has to be the Butterfly series, but I'm going to work on creating two different stories in that world. I'm going to focus the Butterfly series as a world on it's own while I work on creating Rye and his husbands as their own world connected with my friend's world.

I just need to get her for like 10 seconds and tell her what I'm thinking of doing.

38: What’s your current WIP?

I have several current WIPs. I have my "Zombie with a brain" story, Follow Me Down, Crimson Drops, Thread the Needle, Black Veiled Saviour, Honey Drops bk 1, a prompt based horror short, and my Lex/Rose story. There's a few that I had to forcibly put down because they'll be shorter series, but I seriously don't want to start those just yet.

39: What’s the weirdest story idea you’ve ever had?

The plot idea for Honey Drops because of the fact that it mixes Mythological creatures with aliens.

40: Which is your favorite original character, and why?

My favorite original has to be Rye. He's just such a broken little mess with so much power that he's not sure on what to do with it. He has two hubbies (for the moment), a Goddess watching his every move, and Fate trying to string him up by his nuts. Not only that he's stalked by a demon he fucked for power, and he's impossible to kill at the moment.

Though people have  tried to kill him. Once by burning him at the stake. It wasn't pretty.

He's just a such a lovely little thing.

41: What do you do when characters don’t follow the outline?

I adjust the outline if I feel that it's where the story should go to. There is a good reason why I rarely have more than 10 chapters planned out for any one book. And if I do have more than 10 chapters planned, it's because I know what needs to be done. But the outline is always changing as I write.

42: Do you enjoy making your characters suffer?

Yes. Why do you ask?

Okay, look, I'm a horror writer. I have to enjoy making my characters suffer or the story never goes anywhere and it doesn't read right. If I wasn't a sadistic bitch to my characters the story would fall flat okay?

I'm a nice person to those in the real life.

43: Have you ever killed a main character?

Why yes, I have. Clary was a main character in my Butterfly series and he was killed to help the plot move along. I got some heavy cries of "NOOO" from my readers at the time.

44: What’s the weirdest character concept you’ve ever come up with?

Weirdest character concept? Not really should he's weird but an old blood demon (original vampiric beings which spawned the vampires) that I used to RP with. He was then reformed into one of my brothers for Honey Drops.

45: What’s your favorite character name?

It has to be Alexx because it's such a lovely name. And very flexible. I have a few styles of this character for various worlds and places.

46: Describe your perfect writing space.

My perfect writing space is where I have privacy, sunlight that I'm not directly under, with a comfortable seat and a lovely desk to sit at with access to a TV, VCR, DVD player, computers, music systems, water kettle, coffee pot, and a good supply of both tea and coffee with all needed additives.

I pretty much have that now.

47: If you could steal one character from another author and make then yours, who would it be and why?

One character from another author to make mine? Hmm, not sure actually. It would probably be Son'arrin from my friend who writes "A Demon's Toy" (online story that is going through some MASSIVE amounts of rewriting) but I doubt that I could do him full justice.

He's a broken character just like Rye.

48: If you could write the next book of any series, which one would it be, and what would you make the book about?

Harry Potter. I would love to do a book in the Harry Potter series and write it from Neville Longbottom's POV or from Hermione Granger's POV. Work my way through all 7 books and see how things went through their eyes. They were such interesting characters.

Or even characters like Dean Thomas or Seamus (I forget his last name). It's such a big world that there would be so much to explore even sticking to the canon of the story.

49: If you could write a collaboration with another author, who would it be and what would you write about?

A collaboration with another author would have to be with Jennifer Amriss. She is a wonderful writer and a friend that I made a while ago. So I would love to work with her on a collaboration.

Or I would love to write with Necia Phoenix. She to is a wonderful writer and I would love to see what we could come up with if we sat down and worked out some interesting story lines.

Yes, writers who are indy are the ones that I'm after for collaborations if that ever happens. But I love their writing and their style. It's just so much fun.

50: If you could live in any fictional world, which would it be?

I don't think I would ever live in any fictional world because they all have their problems and I'd rather not run into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment