Monday, April 4, 2016

Camp National Novel Writing Month: Days 1 to 3, 2016

Today's Earworm: Bad Religions "Sorrow, Acoustic Version" or "Dearly Beloved Acoustic"
Today's Date: 4/1/2016 (April 4, 2016)

Warning: April 2nd was not kind to me. I do speak about a stomach that is not happy in the worst possible way. If you don't care for it, just skip the lighter purple text down there.

April 1:
Word Count:2,841
Total Word Count: 2,841
Thoughts for the Day:

12:02 AM
Fuck. My. Muses. If you will excuse the language, but really! Fuck my muses! It's a few minutes after midnight on April 1st, I'm kind of avoiding Facebook, I'm pretty much on my twitter profile page, and tumblr is non-existent since about 7 yesterday evening due to the differing time zones.

Yeah, I don't do April Fools okay? I had a friend really screw me over with a fake death thing once. And it made it hard to believe her when she told me about the true death of another friend.

But we're here to talk about how my oh so lovely muses have screwed me over this time.

I was thinking about working on Book 1 of my "Don't Look" Series, which is called "A Delicate Thread", when my muses decided to be utter pains in my ass.

They decided that I needed to write the entire frickin' back history of my story. So guess what I'm doing?

That's right. I'm writing "Threading the Needle" for my Camp! *headdesk* I'm hoping that it won't be to horribly long but it might turn out because there's a lot to go over. About 20 years worth of history actually.

Insert a big gusty sigh here yes?

And before you ask about the series, and why I'm naming them the way I am, the names are all connected to thread, yarn, twine, ect. What have you. It's just been that way through out the entire time that I started writing the series.

Book 0: Thread the Needle
Book 1: A Delicate Thread
Book 2: Spin Me a Yarn
Book 3: Twist the Twine (which is quite actually a part of the character's story)

So there.

Fuck. My. Muses. 

4:51 PM

I have no idea what I'm doing here. I got some words earlier, got it all done. Now I'm working on this story. I have a feeling that it's going to be interesting to get things done.

Here's hoping that I finish more words before the end of today.

8:25 PM

Well then! Got the word count down and out. Got a video out on my youtube video. Got a chapter on my story written, and now I'm going to go take a well deserved hot bath!

Tomorrow I'm going to work on another story that I need to get through before things happen. Insert a huffy sigh again.

For now, hugs and kisses. Good night all.

April 2:
Word Count: Nothing, see Thoughts for the Day for reasons
Total Word Count: 2,841
Thoughts for the Day:

So it is just after 9PM here in Arizona-land and I'm exhausted even though I just got up about two hours ago.

Today was just one long fucked up session. I was heading to bed for a nap before my friend came over to grab my ass for shopping when my body goes "You need the bathroom". I ended up communing with my trash and actually gagging a few times.

What was it?

It was a flare up of pain that was unfortunately added to by another issue that I now have medication to take care of, so no worries on that. My mom calls my friend and tells her that I can't make it today unfortunately.

An hour later, a very hot shower, unable to even sip at room temperature water without communing with the trash can just in case, and my mom calls for an ambulance. I get dressed, slowly since moving hurt like a bitch and sit on my mom's bed seeing as I was using her shower (seeing as she had a shower seat and a hose shower head going on). That was about as far as I got before my body rejected whatever I had eaten.

Which had been about an hour and a half before (lean pocket with a couple crush orange/grape twizzlers). 

They come in, listen to me reject my stomach contents three times in a row, and decide to just full on take me to the hospital.

I get there, get a room and take 30 minutes to lay a damn IV line. About ten minutes later (and finally getting blood drawn for the usual battery of tests), I have three new needle marks, an IV line, a fat bag of fluids to push, and a shot with pain killers and anti-nausea flowing into my system. It was nice to move without setting off a wave of level 10+ pain.

Around 12:30, 1, I'm finally getting out because I was so dehydrated that I needed the fattest IV bag that they can give you. It took about 20 minutes to get through half the bag, where usually it would take you about 40 minutes if they aren't pushing the fluids.

They weren't pushing the fluids. I just needed it like no one's business.

Anyways, I got out, called my cab, got home around 2:30. I ate some chicken soup (my mother is an awesome woman), laid down, and crashed until about 6 when my mom gave me my first round of pills. Got up about 7 with a sleep hangover. Took some more pain killers and ate.

I'm now about to crawl back into bed and curl up. I need sleep like nobodies business. And hopefully my stomach stops hating me randomly. I hate being sore after such things.

Hopefully I can get good words tomorrow.

April 3:
Word Count: 1,202
Total Word Count: 4,043
Thoughts for the Day:

5:55 PM

Ah, finally, I have gotten my writing done since I had some rather interesting thoughts about things in the last few hours that took me taking a hot bath to relax and think about.

But I got chapter 2 of Thread the Needle done.

So much rewrite to be done. *sighs*

Just after midnight on the 4th, and I didn't finish my chapter but I'll get it later. I need to get some sleep here to deal with tomorrow.


If you can take some time want to see more up-to-date thoughts and information, please check out my Facebook Page, S.L. Lewis Writing, or my Tumblr, A Peek Into a Creative Mind. Or even my Twitter, S.L. Lewis (@SLStrailo). You can also check out my NaNoWriMo Account, Candy_Lips, and my matching CampNaNoWriMo Account, Candy_Lips.

I update all three on a near daily basis, at least on Twitter I do that more often then not, and my tumblr sometimes.

To watch me reach my word counts, look for #wordcountprodding. For Writer updates, look for either #amwriting or #amwriter, which are both used by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment