Monday, April 11, 2016

Camp National Writing Month April 2016 - Days 4 to 10

Today's Ear Worm: The 69 Eyes "Sister of Charity" or "Rosary Blue" Ft. Kat Von D
Today's Date: April 11, 2016

April 4:
Word Count: 1,573
Total Word Count: 5,616
Thoughts for the Day:

I was able to get a good word count today. I also hung out with some of my friends, got things done and got a new pillow that will do until I can get some new memory foam to turn into a pillow. My butt thanks me.

Not a lot to say beyond my characters are sassy little SOB's and that one character has an inner "school girl with a crush" thing going on.

I headdesk now.

April 5:
Word Count: 0
Total Word Count: 5,616
Thoughts for the Day:

I did get writing done on this day, but I didn't finish what I was working on at the time. I was rather busy with other things and couldn't quite get all of the words in. I did get in over 1K worth of words by the time I headed to bed (actually, I landed at 1,596 words), but since I like to count the finished product in my words...I didn't get any at all for 4/5/16.

Which isn't a bad thing! Really, it's not.

It happens sometime and I did get in some good amounts of words.

I have a feeling though that this thing is going to be the energizer bunny of standalones.

April 6:
Word Count: 3,963
Total Word Count: 9,579
Thoughts for the Day:

7:24 to 7:30PM

Fuck. I hate it when I'm right. As of 7:24PM I have 2,944 words on this standalone. Guys, this means that I have a ridiculous amount of wordage going on here for this one thing. And it's not really a part of a story. It's a story in of it's self that is a part of a world.

And of course the ever dreaded thought of "Should I start a sister blog of this blog on WordPress?" has popped up.

Timing with the thoughts, people, it sucks. So very much.

10:12PM

It is just after 10PM and I have reached the end of this monster story! I would put up a picture of a person just flopped over, but I can't find a good one so...yeah. Just imagine a bunny flopping over right now yes?

Okay! Now that I have that done, I have to say that this was a very long stand alone. Granted, I've written nearly 5K worth of words for a standalone, but that's usually mostly a plot that has promise, but it doesn't really evolve into a full on story. This was just pretty much sex.

And a lot of it.

The longest I've really gotten up to for a sexual escapade is around 3,500 words.

But: I have caught up on words. Yay for me!

Back to the words.

April 7:
Word Count: 0
Total Word Count: 9,579
Thoughts for the Day:

3:40
Today was a rather late start due to the fact that me and my mother discovered that the water that we had gotten just a couple of days ago was filled with sediment and didn't taste clean. We're thinking that the water machine that we use had a faulty filter, which happens when it's used as much as it is.

But as I sit here and listen to "Rosary Blue" on repeat, I can't help but turn my mind to "Thread the Needle" and the "Don't Look" series that it's a part of.

And to the thoughts of romance, sex, and love in the books themselves. I have a feeling that there will be relationships and the such but...I'm not finding myself that I want to actually plan out those relationships.

It's kind of a new experience for me.

April 8:
Word Count:
Total Word Count:
Thoughts for the Day:

11:17 AM

I'm sitting here watching a video that Akidearest had posted on youtube, using the audio from an address to a graduating class by Neil Gaiman, and I had to find the original video that brought me to something of a realization. 

The part where he goes "Make Good Art". He talked, in the full speech, about losing himself to the day to day things, about losing the drive to write because he was so busy answering e-mails. Or he was doing this, or that. And that when he learned to say No, the writing came back. 

I think that everyone needs to remember that just because life throws a curve ball at you, you should continue to Make Good Art, come hell or high water, because it makes you happy. 

I'm going to create something that will remind me of this and stick it on the wall before me. 

For now I'm going to try to catch up on words since yesterday was all sorts of overcast and made me sluggy. Today it's just rain randomly.

April 9:
Word Count: 780
Total Word Count: 11,856
Thoughts for the Day:

I kind of ended up rewriting a couple of chapters on one of my other stories, so thus why the small amount of words. I was drained by going out to get portraits done for my mom. But I did pretty good all things considered.

April 10:
Word Count: 4,562
Total Word Count: 16,418
Thoughts for the Day:

10:14 AM:

I'm actually thinking of working on a series of movie reviews that would come out either on Friday or Saturday. I'll probably do a test run with the Insidious 3 movie series and go from there if I get some enjoyment going from this.

But words are needed for now.

8:50 PM

I got well over 3K by this time and yet...I go for more. Let's see if I can get over 15K here shall we?

9:43 PM

Nearly an hour later and I'm well over 3K in the final word count. In fact, I'm sitting pretty at 4,562 (four thousand, five hundred, and sixty two words).

This puts me at 16,418 words total so far for the last 10 days. I'm shocked at myself. Really! I was not expecting to have so many words so soon! I'm averaging about 1,642 words a day with this. I'm shaking my head.

And watching my brain dribble out of my ears. I'm tired. And I can feel the bunnies want to write more but I can't right now because the bed?

It's looking REALLY comfortable right about now.

So I'm going to log my word count, put my fan up into my window (as long as it doesn't decide to rain again on me), and get some well deserved sleep. I think I need it since I got up rather early to film the rain.

Which I have to fiddle around with tomorrow. I'll do that later. -.- Tired writer is tired.

Tune in next week to see if I hit my word count early or not!

If you can take some time want to see more up-to-date thoughts and information, please check out my Facebook Page, S.L. Lewis Writing, or my Tumblr, A Peek Into a Creative Mind. Or even my Twitter, S.L. Lewis (@SLStrailo). You can also check out my NaNoWriMo Account,Candy_Lips, and my matching CampNaNoWriMo Account, Candy_Lips.

I update all three on a near daily basis, at least on Twitter I do that more often then not, and my tumblr sometimes.

To watch me reach my word counts, look for #wordcountprodding. For Writer updates, look for either #amwriting or #amwriter, which are both used by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment