Monday, January 18, 2016

The Writing Process: Settling Down to Write 1

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on anything. I do not expect you to take my words as the gospel of writing. What I do expect is for you to take some time and think if my words lead you to where you personally need to head to. Or if they help you at all.

All sources are linked at the end of the post along side the links to other posts are a part of the series. Thank you.

So, now that the disclaimer has been taken cared of, I thank you for coming to my first official blog series. This post will start that series by going over what I'm hoping to cover in this series.

The following list is what I'm hoping to cover.


  1. Setting Up Your Work Space
    1. Area
    2. Utensils/Writing Tools/Note Taking/ect
    3. Lighting
    4. Sitting
    5. Keyboards/mouses 
    6. Music/Shows/Movies
    7. Internet access/Tabs opened
  2. Types of Writing Tools Available 
    1. Pen and paper
    2. Computers
      1. Types of software offered to write on
      2. Outlining software
      3. Note software
  3. Drinks and Food
    1. Types of food
    2. Ideas to think about
    3. Drinks 
  4. Plots and Outlines
    1. Preparing the plot
    2. Preparing the notes
    3. Preparing the world
    4. Preparing to outline
I'm sure that I will come up with more as I go along and depending on how long each post turns out to be will depend on how many posts there will be about them.

Do you have a question or suggestion that you would like to see covered over this first series? Comment below and I shall add it to my list if I haven't already covered it before hand.

Do you have an question or suggestion for future series or parts of series that you would liked covered? Again, please comment below and I shall figure out where to put it on my list. 

Enjoy all.

Links:

Note as of 1/18: I actually have a total of 3 of these written out. This is the first one and I have the following two written out. I need to edit and fiddle around with them before I post them but I'm hoping to scatter these out among other posts as we go along.

And hopefully have something out ever Monday. Cross our fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment