Monday, January 4, 2016

New Years Resolutions of a Creative Mind

Theme Song: Song of the North by BrunuhVille
Today's Date: January 4, 2016

As I sit here and think about the world as it is and all that is going on, I find that I have to remind myself to just...stop.

Stop and look at myself.

Stop and think about myself for once.

Stop and put myself first before others when it comes to my life.

I think that, 4 days into the New Year, that I am doing pretty darn good all things considered.

But I'll be figuring more out as I go along to. I'm still young even though I'm in my early 30's. I have time to really figure out who I am without worrying about others for once.

Because I am S.L. Lewis. And I'm an writer.

And I like that.

But I'm not really here to talk about that now am I?

No, I'm here to talk about what I'm going to do one way or the other this year.

My New Years Resolutions.

Let's go over them shall we?

  1. Find my mental stability stability again.
  2. Remove the toxicity in my life and get past it.
  3. Finish at least one rough draft.
  4. Write at minimum 5,000 words a week.
  5. Get at least 260k words for the entire year.
  6. Get in some much needed paperwork.
  7. Do at least one blog journal a week about various things. 
Okay so I have a list, but what does this all mean?

1) Find my mental stability stability again.

Unfortunately for me, 2015 was not kind to me. I've fought depression for many, many years, since back in...Gah, about 1998 actually. This year was just not happy with me so I need to head back to Therapy again. 

And find a place that doesn't have people who I want to vent about following my every move. Disparaging everything that I say. 

I might actually start another tumblr blog with that in mind. We'll have to see how things go in the long run. 


2) Remove the toxicity in my life and get past it.

This is connected to Goal one actually. I can't get rid of some of it right away due to the fact that I need the person (as much as I hate to say it) but I can limit contact and the amount of time that I actually spend with them. 

But there is other toxicity that I can remove. 

And I shall.

3) Finish at least one rough draft.

I actually just found a wonderful site and I'll be talking about them more later on this year, but it's because of the wonderful Jennifer Amriss that I found this site just as I restarted my love affair with a good romance book.

So I'm trying my hand at romances again, but I need to finish off a few stories first though. I'm actually thinking of working on Book 1 of my Honey Drops series. Here's hoping that I get that going yes? *crosses fingers* 

4) Write at minimum 5,000 words a week.

I do this every year. It's a thing that I like doing. I did hit the goal, mostly, for 2015, but I'm hoping to keep it going this year.

5) Get at least 260k words for the entire year.

This ties in with number 4. I got well over 260K in 2015, but I'm going to keep going for as many words as I can this year. I'm actually hoping to reach closer to 300k. Who's with me in doing this?

6) Get in some much needed paperwork.

Personal goal since I can't physically work. Which sucks but eh, it happens. Between my body not liking me and my mind screwing me over in every which way, I need to get this stuff in.

But, nice thing, my insurance has labeled my asthma as a chronic illness. Hurrah.

7) Do at least one blog journal a week about various things. 

This one will be fun and MOSTLY easy since I can sit there and work things out as I go along. Set up scheduled posts and the such. Edit said posts before they come out.

Doing my thing on various series. 

Which reminds me, I need to get things ready for my first series.

Either way, everyone, THANK YOU. For everything. It's nice to know that I have friends who are willing to help. Thank you all. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment