Monday, January 9, 2017

The Holidays and The Writer

Today's EarWorm: This is Gonna Hurt by Sixx A.M.
Today's Date: January 9, 2017

So I'm sure that you noticed that there was no blog for the day of December 26, 2016. The reason for that is...

Well, I forgot.

I have a rather interesting list of reasons why I forgot, but some of them might come off as excuses.

1) Christmas. Yes, I was busy ALL day on December 25th. I was cooking a ham, fighting off a cold, teaching a dog with terrier and chihuahua blood not to go to the bathroom on my brand new carpeting (we're getting there), and my friend who spends Christmas with us was dealing with her jaw.

She went to the ER by the way. She's fine, just sore and grumpy.

2) Christmas Baking. Yes, I was baking for the rest of the month. I had most of the month's blogs all written out but wasn't sure as to what to write for that blog post. I was baking further into the month. And this leads us to reason number 3.

3) Flooring. We FINALLY got our flooring in. We got our carpet done on December 19th, two rooms, my bedroom and my mom's bedroom. And then they came in on the 23ed to do the rest of the flooring.

No. I will not deal with the company that made us wait 3 months to get our new flooring down. Yes, 3 months. Not cool and it stressed out both myself and my mom.

So we got it down, finally.

4) Just plain feeling like hell. Excuse the language but it's true. Between trying to get the flooring done so we could unpack our home and get it back to normal, and trying to cook, and write, and do all sorts of other things, life was not happy making.

I'm actually recovering still from all of that and drinking a lot of hot tea and eat good soup to help beat off the last of the ick.

It doesn't help that it has been scarily cold lately.

So what does this have to do with the holidays?

Well a lot. Especially if you're a writer who has a busy life going on. Or when life decides to smack you up side the head. Which kind of sucks really because it can kill your want to write.

Which isn't fun.

Yes, I hit my goal of an average of 5K a week for the 2016 year and I got things done, but I should have gotten more done. But life kind of sucks somedays.

And the holidays are a busy, busy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment