Monday, April 24, 2017

CampNaNoWriMo April 2017 - Week 3 End

Today's Earworm: I Am a Stone by Demon Hunter
Today's Date: April 24, 2017

What to say today?

Actually I don't have an answer to that. I've been writing so hard and fast the last few days that I've kind of lost my own thoughts.

I found myself a new story that is kind of eating my brain, based around the above song and Heart Heart Head by Meg Myers. Both songs have damn near been on repeat since I discovered them and just let the sound and the lyrics work their magic on me.

So I think I found what I wanted to discuss beyond my current word count (just over 20K actually).

Inspiration.

I know I've touched on this on my twitter (@SLStrailo) and sometimes here, but I don't think I've done a full on blog about it.

Inspiration can come from anywhere and right now I'm not looking a gifthorse in the mouth. So to say, I'm not complaining.

Really. I want the inspiration to hit. I want those words to come to me and to work with me instead of giving me issues with trying to get them down and out. Let me tell you, fighting the words is a bitch. I don't think that there is a writer's block, there's just an inability to want to get those words down and issues mentally that stops the connection between word and writer's mind.

Which can suck. But still not writer's block.

So I've been getting words but they have been hard fought for words, which tend to read better than an easy flowing words but hey that shit happens.

Inspiration helps me get the words. And I love it. I love the fact that I can put the music on and get the words out and then...then I can go back with a sickle in hand and cut them down or fix them up. Whatever I need to make them look polished and pretty.

As for words...I'm currently at 2,0633 words and I need to cram so many words in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment