Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Preparing for NaNo 20-15 Part 1

As I sit here listening to The GazettE's Inside Beast, I stare at my plot outline on Outliner of Giants and wonder just what the hell is going on in my own head.

I have something like 8 chapters plotted for this mean little plot, and I so want to do nothing more than to just open up a new file and start it. But I know that while it's in the running to be written during National Novel Writing Month, I can't do it.

I got through this every year. And I do mean every year.

It's no surprise that I'm going through this right now since it's only a few more weeks until the start of the insanity. Then again, while most people are dealing with Daylights Savings Time, I'm still on the same clock as I was last year and the year before.

The joy of living in Arizona my friends. No Daylight Savings Time.

To move on. I am sitting here going "Am I going to end up freaking out over every little detail this round?" I'm really hoping not actually.

I've decided that this year, despite the fact that I still get stuff done and ready for Nano, I'm not going to really worry about it all. I am going to sit here and plot. Plot a lot.

And work out some outlines for all of my stories.

Drink tea. All that good stuff. Because it means that my mind doesn't try to elope with my muse the moment it strikes midnight again.

What are you doing for Nano prep?

No comments:

Post a Comment